Find Your Happetite is about transforming your eating and living more joyfully! There are several things you can do right now, starting today to Find Your Happetite.
- Discover if your eating is already ‘normal’ or more likely, somewhere on the continuum of disordered eating. Use the Understanding Your Eating drop down bar under this heading. Tick the descriptions of the various types of eating. Many people are surprised to discover their eating is NOT normal. I use the word normal to describe a wide range of eating patterns – but what they all have in common is a connection to and honoring of one’s appetite.
- Download and print the Eating Contiuum. You can either choose the black and wihite version or the pretty colored one.
- Plot where you think you are at on the Continuum.
- Consider this: It is not YOU that has failed at diets, it is DIETS that have failed you.
- The evidence is clear. Only a rare few (5% at the most) lose weight and keep it off. Read this terrific article on the weight science which clearly identifies diets cause weight gain, disordered eating and worse long term.
- However there is HOPE at hand. It is your Happetite! That same happy appetite you naturally had as a child. Hopefully you didn’t get disconnected from it too early and still have memory of it, but even if you don’t, it IS there just waiting for you to find it again.
If this information fits for you then I would encourage you to explore further. You’ll find several products designed specifically to help YOU find YOUR Happetite.
The Find Your Happetite book and Find Your Happetite e-book include 50 experiments and exercises so you can go at your own pace to Find Your Happetite.
NEW! The Find Your Happetite Journal is in a PDF format and downloadable to your device so you can fill in all the exercises and keep track of your journey.
NEW! I have just posted the FYH Audio book.
If you do decide to go ahead with the journey to Find Your Happetite here are some of the things you will discover:
- Ways to identify the specific triggers (physical, mental or emotional) for over or under-eating or disengaging with your natural appetite.
- The physiological and psychological reasons restrictive dieting never works in the long run. (Restrictive dieting works for the short-term but does not help you figure out how to manage your eating and weight long-term and very often backfires into disordered eating and weight gain.)
- How to eat without guilt or deprivation.
- How to re-engage with your natural appetite.
The approach outlined in Find Your Happetite has resulted in many positive changes for people who have the courage to challenge the cultural call to restrictively diet. You will be able find freedom around food and no longer feel trapped by your eating or weight concerns. Your general well-being will also improve. Find Your Happetite is ultimately a life enhancement program.
The pages under this heading are here to get you started and dip your toes in to the experience of finding your happetite. Let me know how you go.
lots of love and happy eating!